Soil and Material Testing
SOIL AND MATERIAL TESTING SERVICES
B&A performs numerous field and laboratory tests in accordance with ASTM standards:
- Cylinder preparation (ASTM C31).
- Cure and determine compressive strength of concrete cylinders (ASTM C39).
- Soundness of aggregates by use of magnesium sulfate (ASTM C88).
- Slump (ASTM C143).
- Unit weight (ASTM C138)
- Sampling (ASTM C172).
- Air content (ASTM C173/C231).
- Grain size analysis with U.S. standard sieve sizes and hydrometer (ASTM D421/D422).
- Cure and determine compressive strength of grout cubes (ASTM C1019).
- Temperature (ASTM C1064).
- Moisture-density relations of soils and soil-aggregate mixtures (ASTM D698/ D1557).
- Specific gravity of soils (ASTM D854/ C127).
- Extraction of thin walled tube samples (ASTM D1587).
- California bearing ratio (ASTM D1883).
- Compressive strength unconfined of cohesive soil (ASTM D2166).
- Water content of soil, rock and soil-aggregate mixtures (ASTM D2216).
- One dimensional consolidation test (ASTM D2435).
- Classification of soil for engineering purposes (ASTM D2487).
- Density of soil and soil-aggregate in place by nuclear method (ASTM D2922).
- Moisture, ash and organic matter of peat and other organic soils (ASTM D2974).
- Natural dry density of thin-walled tube samples (ASTM D2976).
- Moisture content of soil and soil-aggregate in place by nuclear method (ASTM D3017).
- Expansion index of soils (ASTM D4829).
- pH of soil for use in corrosion testing (ASTM G51).
- Electrical resistivity (ASTM G57).
- Leachable total sulfate and chloride content (EPA 375.4).
About this Process
Barron & Associates has been a leader in providing construction materials testing and inspection services in New York for over 25 years. Our technicians are certified and cross-trained in various areas of testing and inspections. B&A maintains full service laboratories in our Clarence, NY office for soils, concrete, asphalt and other materials tests.
Call For a Quote:
In The News
Barron & Associates, PC, now offering UAV, 3D photography, and high definition laser scanning services. Precise measurements are key to any successful construction project. By employing cutting edge technology, B&A is now able to provide this...
In response to the devastating earthquake of 2015, B&A worked with multiple US and Nepali agencies to assist in mapping nearly 100 kilometers of highways in Nepal. Using both UAV and manned helicopters, multiple highway segments were documented. The...
Monitoring, soil and bedrock investigation, site evaluation, deep foundation testing and more.
Inspections & TestingSupport of construction, development
and design professionals for quality assurance and control purposes.
UAV Mapping & 3D Documentation
Solutions for construction, surveying, oil & gas, utilities, & more.